immersionED transforms historical video games from the mislabeled enemy of education into its powerful facilitator by building educational modules on top of existing game infrastructure. Through this we streamline production of immersive historical learning experiences. Imagine the accurate historical settings of Assassin’s Creed but we’ve swapped assassination for education! Visit us at immersionED.org to learn more!
We’re looking for driven video game development interns to help build our learning modules inside our partnered games.
You will be working with a team of other game development interns to create new content within existing video games. You will also be working with the rest of the immersionED team to develop storylines, characters, levels, puzzles, and contribute to the overall game concept.
Your responsibilities will include assisting in the creation of new questlines, new characters, new locations, and new user interactions. You will also help with design specific role-play mechanics and contribute to audio and graphic design. Knowledge of video game development tools will be very useful.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team as we work to build a revolutionary platform and change the educational approach currently leveraged by the nation’s top school systems. The immersionED team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love for education and game design. On a typical day, you will brainstorm with the solution architect and the business analysts to define and then program the ideal game module. You will also identify issues with the solution, review outstanding bugs, and guide on how best to approach them. You will then communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines to plan releases, identify risks, and deliver work in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Implement new video game features by building mods
- Translate design ideas into a functional game code
- Write clear, modular, and maintainable code
- Test, debug, profile and maintain existing code
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures, and technologies used
- Contribute to audio and animation design
- Animate characters and create levels and environments
You appreciate working with video games and are passionate about game development. You must be willing to learn the latest cutting-edge technology in video game design. Previous exposure to video game mod development is a huge plus. You must also be confident in your communication skills, and you should enjoy working and collaborating with a team who are open to new ideas and are learning and experimenting together to come up with creative and innovative ways of solving technical problems. You take initiative and you are comfortable with working autonomously.
Besides the above we’re ideally looking for someone with many of the following skills and experience:
- Currently working on a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid programming skills preferably within the game development area
- Previous internship experience with full-cycle game design
- Experience with game engines like Unity, AnvilNext, Unreal etc.
- Experience with API and library development of any kind
- Ability to solve complex software and coding issues
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of initiative and attention to details
Please reach out to Chad Wilson at email@example.com for more information!