immersionED transforms historical video games from the mislabeled enemy of education into its powerful facilitator by building educational modules on top of existing game infrastructure. Through this we streamline production of immersive historical learning experiences. Imagine the accurate historical settings of Assassin’s Creed but we’ve swapped assassination for education! Visit us at immersionED.org to learn more!
We’re looking for an experienced video game developer to help build our learning modules inside the games. You will be leading a team of game development interns to create new worlds within existing video games. You will also be working with the rest of the immersionED team to develop storylines, characters, levels, puzzles, and contribute to the overall game concept.
Your responsibilities will include creation of new questlines, new characters, new locations, and new user interactions. You will need to be able to design specific role-play mechanics and contribute to audio and graphic design to an extent as well. You will need to have in-depth knowledge of video game development tools and be comfortable developing branching quests and stories.
You will join a multi-disciplinary team as we work to build a revolutionary platform and change the educational approach currently leveraged by the nation’s top school systems. The immersionED team is characterized by passion, comradery and the love for education and game design. On a typical day, you will brainstorm with the solution architect and the business analysts to define and then program the ideal game module. You will also identify issues with the solution, review outstanding bugs, and guide on how best to approach them. You will then communicate regularly with leads from other disciplines to plan releases, identify risks, and deliver work in a timely manner.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead technical design and implementation of new video game features
- Meet with the design team to discuss game concepts
- Translate design ideas into a functional game code
- Contribute to the overall game concept and storyline
- Write clear, modular, and maintainable code
- Test, debug, profile and maintain existing code
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures, and technologies used
- Contribute to audio and animation design
- Animate characters and create levels and environments
- Develop game milestones and checkpoints
- Create initial storylines and character biographies
You appreciate working with video games and are passionate about game development. You must have previous exposure to cutting edge technology in video game design. Previous exposure to video game mod development is a huge plus. You must also be confident in your communication skills, and you should enjoy working and collaborating with a team who are open to new ideas and are learning and experimenting together to come up with creative and innovative ways of solving technical problems. You take initiative and you are comfortable with working autonomously.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Currently has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Solid programming skills preferably within the game development area
- Experience with full-cycle game design
- Experience with game engines like Unity, AnvilNext, Unreal etc.
- Experience with building video game APIs and libraries as well optimizing game performance
- Knowledge of the latest gaming trends
- Strong artistic and technical skills
- Ability to solve complex software and coding issues
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of initiative and attention to detail
Please reach out to Chad Wilson at email@example.com for more information!